1956 Film Version
Music and Lyrics by Cole Porter
[with new songs by Sammy Cahn and James van Heusen]
Screenplay by Sidney Sheldon, based on the play by Guy Bolton and P. G. Wodehouse
A Paramount Pictures Release
(1956; 106 minutes; Color)
Produced by Robert Emmett Dolan
Directed by Robert M. Lewis
Cinematography by John F. Warren
Costumes by Edith Head
Choreography by Nick Castle
Orchestra directed by Joseph Lilley
Bing Crosby (Bill Benson), Donald O'Connor (Ted Adams),
Mitzi Gaynor (Patsy Blair), Phil Harris (Steve Blair), Zizi
"Renée" Jeanmaire (Gaby Duval), Kurt Kasznar (Victor
Lawrence), Richard Entman (Ed Brent) and Walter Sande (Alex
Written by Cole Porter
- "I Get a Kick Out of You"
- "Anything Goes"
- "You're the Top"
- "Blow, Gabriel, Blow"
- "It's De-lovely"
- "All Through the Night"
45 RPM (EP), 1956 [Decca ED 845]
LP (mono), 1956 [Decca DL 8318]
LP, 19?? [DRG/Stet DS 15025]
Selections [Porter songs in bold]
- "Ya Gotta Give the People Hoke" - Crosby and O'Connor
- "Anything Goes" - Gaynor
- "I Get a Kick Out of You" - Jeanmaire
- "You're the Top" - Crosby and Gaynor
- "Dream Ballet" (Based on "Let's Do It" and "All Through the Night"; Arranged by Van Cleeve)
- "It's De-lovely" - Gaynor and O'Connor
- "All Through the Night" - Crosby
- "A Second Hand Turban and a Crystal Ball" - Crosby and O'Connor
- "You Can Bounce Right Back" - O'Connor
- "Blow, Gabriel, Blow" - Crosby, O'Connor, Gaynor, Jeanmaire
Compact Disc Release with Bonus Tracks
Compact Disc, 2004 [Decca Broadway 193302]
Includes all of the above tracks plus three songs from the soundtrack of the 1936 film version of Anything Goes and sung by Bing Crosby. None were written by Cole Porter.
- "Sailor Beware"
- "My Heart and I"
Go to the Original Stage Production of Anything Goes
Go to the 1936 Film Version of Anything Goes
Go to Other Recordings of Anything Goes