Two-act stage play. First performed at the Phoenix Theatre, London (dir. Peter Wood) on November 8, 1978. First US production at the Eisenhower Theatre of the Kennedy Center, Washington DC (dir. Peter Wood) in October, 1979, moving to the ANTA Theater, NYC, on November 27, 1979.
A "significantly revised" version was produced by the American Conservatory Theater (dir. Carey Perloff) at the Geary Theatre, San Francisco on September 19, 2002.
- Night and Day
- Faber and Faber, 1978 [ISBN: 0571113729] 94pp
- Faber and Faber [pb], 1978 [ISBN: 0571113737] 94pp
- Samuel French [pb], 1979 [ISBN: 0573113084] 60pp
- Grove Press, 1979 [ISBN: 0394505263] 113pp
- Grove Press [pb], 1979 [ISBN: 0394170857] 113pp
- Samuel French [pb], 1980 (revised) [ISBN: 0573613249] 95pp *
- Tom Stoppard: Plays 5
- Faber and Faber [pb], 1999 *